Yes Watercress; love it and eat it often! This peppery savory herb is loaded with all the good stuff your awesome bod dreams of! Packed with a superhero triple combo of vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals, Watercress is good for your inmune system, your skin, your bones, your heart, and with only 11 calories per 100g of raw leaves, your shapely waist will love it too!
So without further ado a
This is my Watercress Tomato Salad without her dress, I will show you the finished Watercress in a Dress in one hot minute, but not before we take a minute to chat about my Tuesdays. I like to make my Tuesdays vegan, they are my Very Vegan Tuesdays, it is a way for me to take at least one day to be closer to mama earth, eat sensationally clean, and make a contribution to our environment by reducing consumption of animal products. I encourage everyone to pick one or two days per week where you consume less animal products, this will make both your wallets and derrières very happy! Hot minute is here and I present you Watercress in a Dress:
What You’ll Need:
- One bunch of watercress, washed and trimmed
- One scrumptious tomato, washed and sliced
- 1/4 – 1/2 of one yellow pepper diced
- 1/4 – 1/2 of one orange pepper diced
- 1/4 cup of cooked quinoa
- 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil, vinegar of choice, salt and pepper (optional)
How to make the magic happen:
- Toss your watercress with about a 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil (preferably good quality extra virgin olive oil) and a dash of vinegar (I used champagne vinegar, but balsamic will be yummy too)
- Arrange your plate with watercress and tomatoes, top with the diced peppers.
- Top everything with your quinoa
- Sprinkle a dash of olive oil to the whole thing, salt and pepper to taste.
- Taste 😉
Serve, taste, enjoy!